Oven Baked “Fried” Pickles Recipe
Now you can eat fried pickles without any guilt.
This healthy version of your favorite appetizer taste almost as good as the real thing, but with out the fat and calories.
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pickles, slices
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ranch dressing, and hot sauce for dipping
- Turn oven broiler on high.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and flour.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dunk each pickle slice into the egg mixture, than dredge it in the panko bread crumbs.
- Place coated pickles on a rack set above a baking sheet and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place pan in the middle rack of the oven. Broil for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Ranch dressing and a dash of hot sauce.