Fried Twinkies Super Recipe
In the world of deep fried wonders, is there really anything better than a fried Twinkie ?
You can answer that yourself after trying this recipe for homemade fried Twinkies.
The first bite was pure heaven.
These were very rich in taste with a crispy outside and a cool, creamy inside.
- 6Hostess Twinkies
- 6wooden popsicle sticks
- vegetable oil, enough to cover twinkies
- 1cup milk
- 2tablespoons vinegar
- 1tablespoon oil
- 1cup flour (mix to consistency)
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
: DIRECTIONS :
- Freeze the twinkies for at least 2 hours.
- can freeze overnight.
- Heat your oil in fryer to 375 degrees.
- Mix your batter as such: milk, vinegar,oil.
- In another bowl blend flour, baking powder and salt.
- whisk wet ingredients into dry, mix until smooth.
- refrigerate until oil reaches temperature.
- insert sticks into twinkies, leaving enough of a end to hold.
- dust with flour and dip into batter be sure batter covers the entire twinkie place twinkie in hot oil with utensil being sure the twinkie browns evenly (the twinkie will float) about 3- 4 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel- cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with a Berry Sauce Raspberries or mixed Berry preserves heated until warm.