Flea treatment in cats is very different from controlling dog fleas. In other words, something that works for your dog, won’t necessarily work on your cat and you should never presume otherwise unless specifically instructed by a professional.
WARNING : Flea Treatments That Are Toxic to Cats!
Picture From : SaeKawaii ( pixabay )
- Advantage – In comparison with other top brands of flea control insecticide, it’s one of the cheaper ones that doesn’t sacrifice on quality ! According to their product guarantee, it can kill over 90% of all fleas within 12 hours.
- Revolution ( for cats )- is also a quick killer of fleas.
- Front Line – Has the best stopping power. This even takes out flea eggs on cats. Front Line never failed to get rid of even the toughest fleas. If you have tried other flea medications and they were not that effective, give Front Line a try and you will not be disappointed. The only negative aspect is that it’s fairly expensive.
The best flea treatment for indoor cats is to keep your home and environment free from fleas. While we can’t usually stop our cats from exploring the big outdoors, there are a few things that you can do to protect them. Here are a few tips :
1. Flea combs can be used a couple times a week to check for flea dirt and adult fleas. Prevention is better than a cure and you need to catch any potential flea problem as early as possible.
2. Bath your cat once a week with dawn dish soap. This has proven to be a great way to remove fleas and to protect your cats. In fact, since their skin is sensitive to flea medications, this is one of the best kitten flea treatments.
3. Vacuum regularly, especially if you have carpets in the home. Flea eggs and adult fleas often hide in your carpet and this will ensure that you suck up a large portion of their population on a weekly basis.
4. Use Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for killing fleas on your carpets and common cat sleeping areas. This powder is completely safe and kills fleas fairly quickly.
5. Use a monthly spot on treatment for your cats. It’s a very good one and ensures that your pet has the highest level of protection against fleas.
More Info on : http://www.thebugsquad.com